How to restrict LMS access with IP security
MyLMS is an online service, this means your users can log-in from anywhere with an internet connection, for example, at home or while travelling to work.
Some organisations need to restrict access to MyLMS, for example, you may want to restrict learners to log-in when they are in your training rooms, or you may want to restrict training administrators to log-in when they are in your offices.
All devices that connect to the internet have an IP address. The address is four sets of numbers separated by a period, for example, 192.168.1.15.
If your devices use fixed IP addresses, you can use IP address restrictions.
IP address restrictions limits MyLMS log-in on a custom list of IP addresses.
Note: We recommend you get advice on restricting access using IP addresses from your IT department.
Note: This change will be effective immediately. The next time your learners and administrators log-in to MyLMS their IP address will be verified with the IP address restrictions setting.
To set IP address restrictions:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED card.
- Click Security to show the security configuration page.
- Scroll down to the IP ADDRESS RESTRICTIONS card.
- In the Allowed IP Addresses box, type the allowed IP addresses, for example, 192.168.100.15.
- If you want to restrict training administrators to log-in to LMS at these IP addresses, select LMS Administration check box.
- If you want to restrict learners to log-in to LMS at these IP addresses, select LMS training suite check box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the card and click Save Changes.
Your changes will be effective immediately.