How to create and edit Organisational segments
Organisational segments are a flexible way to organise your users into groups based on your organisation structure.
For more information see What are organisational segments?
Before you create an organisational segment:
- create your custom profile field see How to create custom profile fields
- choose your segment Title
- choose the value of your custom profile field for the segment rule.
Note the rule structure is: WHERE [Profile field] EQUALS or CONTAINS [Value]
Here are some examples:
- WHERE Location EQUALS London (the rule will find all users with a Location with the value London)
- WHERE Department CONTAINS Accounts (the rule will find all users with a Department with both ‘Accounts’ and ‘Accounts dept’ values)
To create and/or edit an organisational segment:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Elsewhere information section on the right of the page.
- Click Organisational segments.
- Click the +Add segment button on the right of the page.
- Enter the name of your organisational segment in the Title box, for example, Sales.
- In the rules area below the title click the down arrow to show the list of available profile fields.
- Select the profile field you want to use for your first rule, for example, Department.
- Click the down arrow in the second box that appears to show the list of operators.
- Select the operator, for example, equal.
- In the value input field, enter the value you want the rule to find, for example, Sales.
- If you want to create a more complex segment click Add rule at the top right of the rules area.
- Subsequent rules can be AND/OR based. Return to step 6 and continue.
- If you want to remove a rule from your segment, click the Delete button to the right of the rule.
- Click the Save segment button to save.
After adding your first segment the options to filter users by segment and assign a segment to administrators are shown on the relevant pages.
You can now use Smart Enrolments to automatically enrol learners in this segment onto linked courses. To learn more see How to add/remove Smart Enrolments.
If you subscribe to the Documents & Policies Add-On, you can link your Documents & policies resources to segments. To learn more see What is the Documents & policies Add-On?.