How to create Custom email templates
Custom email templates are used to create emails that can be sent to individuals, groups or all users in the LMS. Adding tags to the template means user profile information can be substituted into the email. They are sent out manually and cannot be added to the automated emails process.
Note: All Custom email templates must include the MyLMS log-in link or button.
To create a Custom email template:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- In the GENERAL card, click Messaging.
- Scroll down to the CUSTOM EMAIL TEMPLATES card.
- Click +Add email template to show the ADD EMAIL TEMPLATE card.
- In the Email template name box, type the name of your email, this name will be shown in the list of email templates.
- In the Email template subject box, type the subject line for the email. Before you start typing the template body, click on the Formatting and tags help link on the left. The pop-up window explains how you can add links, change the text into bold or italic font and shows how to use tags to substitute user information in your template.
- Type your text with formatting and tags into the Email template body box.
- Click Save changes.
Your new email template is listed in the CUSTOM EMAIL TEMPLATES card. Here you have the option to Edit, Duplicate, Delete or Send to all users.
Your new email template will be available immediately in the Send an email option in the User Management page.