How to create custom profile fields
A custom profile field is a property of a user that you can customise.
Note: You should not use profile fields to collect sensitive personal data (i.e. financial or medical information).
To create a custom profile field:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the USERS card.
- Click User profile fields to show the list of available custom profile fields.
- Scroll through the list to choose a standard or an optional profile field.
- Select the check box to enable the profile field.
- Click the arrow on the Type box to show the list.
- Select the Type:
- To force the user to enter information select the Required check box.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.
There are two standard profile fields: Company name and Phone number.
There are six optional profile fields.
Text input allows users to enter free text.
Select list limits the user to a predefined list. Type the predefined list in the box below.
Note Custom profile fields that are Required are checked at login. If they are blank, the user must type the required information into the field before they can continue to the LMS and access their training.