How to create administrators
Administrators are existing users with additional levels of access to help manage the LMS.
Administrators are listed on the User Management page.
If your user doesn’t exist on the LMS you need to create a user account, see How to add an individual user before you can grant administrator access.
If you use Organisational segments you can create Segment administrators. Segment administrator access is limited to one segment.
To create an administrator:
- Click the Users tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Click the Active tab to show the list of current users.
- Find the user by filtering, see How to use filtering to find a user.
- Click the arrow on the right of the user’s details to show the menu.
- Select Administrator Access… to show the access types.
- Select the access type.
- To send an email to the user confirming the access change select Send access email now.
- If you use organisational segments, you can create a segment administrator by assigning a segment to the user. Click the arrow to show the list and select a segment.
- Click Assign access to [username].
The user’s new administrator access is applied immediately.
To learn how to change administrator access type, see How to change administrator access type.
To learn more about access types, see What are Administrator access types?.
To remove administrator access from a user, see How to remove administrator access.
For more information about segments, see What are organisational segments?.