How to add users in bulk
The quickest way to add a lot of users onto the Learning Management System (LMS) is to upload them from a comma separated values (CSV) file.
For detailed information on how to create a CSV file of your users for the LMS, see How to create a user CSV for upload.
To add users in bulk:
- Click the Users tab on the menu bar at the top of the page to show the User management page.
- Click Add/update users to show the ADD OR UPDATE USERS page.
- Click the Spreadsheet tab to show the Add or update users from a spreadsheet card.
- Click on Select CSV file to import… to open your local file search application.
- Navigate to your CSV file, select the filename and click Open.
- To send users a welcome email immediately, select the Send users a training suite welcome email check box.
- Click Start upload.
If you are not using the iHASCO CSV template you must map your columns to LMS profile fields:
- Samples of the information in the columns from your CSV are listed on the left of the Map columns page. On the right are the corresponding user profile fields.
- Check the system has mapped your CSV columns to the correct user profile fields.
- To change a mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select an alternative profile field.
- To cancel a column mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select Nothing (skip).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Confirm column mappings to import your CSV to the LMS.
The CSV is queued for upload to the LMS and the User management page is shown.
When the upload is complete a confirmation email is sent to the administrator listing results and any issues with a link to download rejections.
Note: This process can be used to update existing users, see How to bulk edit users.