How to lock/unlock new sessions during a training interval
New sessions setting locks/unlocks a training course during a Training interval period. For more information on the Training interval setting see How to set the course Training Interval.
If the New sessions setting is selected, the training course is locked until 30 days before the expiry date. After this time the course status is changed to Expiring soon, the course is unlocked and the learner is notified by email that they can restart their training.
If the New sessions setting is cleared, the training course is unlocked, this means a learner can restart a training course at any time during the training interval period. When a learner restarts a training course a credit is deducted from your account and their current certificate is archived.
This is a global course setting.
To change the New sessions setting:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- In the GENERAL card click Global settings.
- Scroll down to the TRAINING card.
- Find New sessions and choose to lock or unlock: To lock learners from starting new sessions, select the check box.
- Scroll down and click Save changes.
To unlock learners to start new sessions, clear the check box.