How to bulk edit users
A quick way to edit a large number of users is to:
- Download your users in a comma separated values (CSV) file.
- Open the CSV and apply changes to their details.
- Save the changes as a CSV file.
- Upload the changed CSV back into the LMS.
Download your users in a CSV
For detailed information on how to download your users in a CSV file format, see How to create a user CSV for upload.
Modify the CSV file
You can use an application like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers or Google Sheets to edit a CSV file. Before you start editing the user details check what information is allowed in a user CSV and validation criteria, see What information is allowed in a user CSV.
Note: Do not edit the user’s email address in the CSV. The LMS uses the email address to identify each user, changing the user’s email address creates a new, duplicate user account.
Upload your edited users into the LMS
To upload bulk edited users:
- Click the Users tab on the menu bar at the top of the page to show the User management page.
- Click Add/update users to show the ADD OR UPDATE USERS page.
- Click the Spreadsheet tab to show the Add or update users from a spreadsheet card.
- Click on Select CSV file to import... to open your local file search application.
- Navigate to your CSV file, select the filename and click Open.
- Click Start upload.
If you are not using the iHASCO CSV template you must map your columns to LMS profile fields:
- Samples of the information in the columns from your CSV are listed on the left of the Map columns page. On the right are the corresponding user profile fields.
- Check the system has mapped your CSV columns to the correct user profile fields.
- To change a mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select an alternative profile field.
- To cancel a column mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select Nothing (skip).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Confirm column mappings to import your CSV to the LMS.
The CSV is queued for import to the LMS and the user management page is shown.
When the import is complete a confirmation email is sent to the administrator listing results and any issues with a link to download rejections.