How to enable/disable the Client API
To learn more about Client API see What is the Client API?.
Note: Please be aware when sharing API access details with third parties that you are granting them access to your organisation’s data, including the ability to add, edit and delete users.
To enable/disable the Client API:
- Click the Settings tab on the menu bar at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the Advanced card and click API access.
- In the API access card, choose to enable or disable: To enable the client API, select the check box.
- Click Save changes.
To disable the client API, clear the check box.
Once enabled, you will need to generate an access token.
- Click the Add new token button
- Adjust the description to something meaningful for you. Note this description is not your access token
- Click Add new token to save
- Your token will be generated and displayed. Copy the token and keep it safe as you would a password. This is the only time the token will be displayed
- Check the box to confirm you have the token safe and then click Close
You can edit the description of a token at any time by clicking the dots and choosing Edit.
If you need delete a token - for example if it is no longer used or you need to revoke access - click the dots and choose Delete.