What is a course SCORM package?
Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) is a way of designing training course content so it can be shared with other SCORM compliant learning management systems (LMS). This means, if you have a SCORM compliant LMS that doesn’t offer the training courses you need, you can subscribe to iHASCO courses, create an iHASCO course SCORM package to upload into your third party LMS, then give your learners access to our courses through your third party LMS.
Note We record when our course content is used in a third party LMS in order to track credit usage. By default this information is not shown in our LMS, to change this setting see How to hide/show SCORM users and results.
How it works
- Check that you can meet the requirements for SCORM.
- Contact your iHASCO account manager to subscribe to our courses.
- Log-in to iHASCO LMS and create a course pass for your course, see How to add a course pass.
- Download a SCORM package for your course, see How to download a SCORM package.
- Upload the SCORM package into your third party LMS. The process will vary, for links to iHASCO approved third party LMS seeHow to download a SCORM package.
- Test the course in your LMS before making it available to your learners.
- Monitor credit usage via iHASCO LMS see How to monitor credits and subscriptions.
All our training courses are SCORM compliant. For a list of SCORM compliant third party LMS providers we support see https://www.ihasco.co.uk/features/integrations.