How to bulk enrol/unenrol learners on training courses
A quick way to change enrolment for a large number of learners is to download your learners in a comma separated values (CSV) file, modify the CSV file with the new enrolment settings and upload your modified CSV into the LMS.
Learners can be enrolled onto or unenrolled from courses with an Enrolment Method of ‘By assignment only’.
Note If the learner is enrolled on this course via Smart Enrolments, you cannot change their enrolment status. To learn more see How to add/remove Smart Enrolments.
Download your learners in a CSV
For detailed information on how to download all users in a CSV file see How to download all users in a CSV.
Modify the CSV file
Before you modify the CSV, check What information is allowed in a user CSV to get familiar with the values in a user CSV.
- Open your learner CSV using an application like Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers or Google Sheets.
- Scroll through a learner’s details to find the subscribed course code columns at the end of the row.
- Make your enrolment changes: To enrol a learner onto a course type a y in the corresponding cell.
- Save your changes in CSV file format.
To unenrol a learner from a course type an n in the corresponding cell.
To make no changes to a learner’s course enrolment leave the corresponding cell blank.
Upload your new enrolment settings into the LMS
To upload bulk changed enrolments:
- Click the Users tab on the menu bar at the top of the page to show the User management page.
- Click Add/update users to show the ADD OR UPDATE USERS page.
- Click the Spreadsheet tab to show the Add or update users from a spreadsheet card.
- Click on Select CSV file to import… to open your local file search app.
- Navigate to your CSV file, select the filename and click Open.
- Click Start upload.
If you are not using the iHASCO CSV template you must map your columns to LMS profile fields:
- Samples of the information in the columns from your CSV are listed on the left of the Map columns page. On the right are the corresponding user profile fields.
- Check the system has mapped your CSV columns to the correct user profile fields.
- To change a mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select an alternative profile field.
- To cancel a column mapping, click the corresponding profile field arrow to show the list and select Nothing (skip).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Confirm column mappings to import your CSV to the LMS.
The CSV is queued for import to the LMS and the user management page is shown.
When the import is complete a confirmation email is sent to the administrator listing results and any issues with a link to download rejections.