How to update a resource in Documents and policies
You cannot edit or change your resources within the LMS.
If a resource needs to be updated, for example, to reflect changes in your organisation or regulations:
- Make the necessary changes to your original copy of your resource with your usual application.
- Save a copy of the updated resource as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
- Upload your updated resource PDF file into MyLMS, see How to upload Documents & policies.
Note If the old resource was linked to courses or segments you will have to create these links for the updated resource.
Managing your old resources
If you want to remove the old resource, you can archive or delete it, see How to archive/delete Documents & policies.
If you want to keep the old resource available on the LMS:
- Make sure you give the resources unique names to help you and other users tell the difference between the resource versions, see How to rename a resource.
- Remove any unnecessary resource links with courses or segments.
To learn more about linking a resource and a course see How to link/unlink a resource and a course.
To learn more about linking a resource and a segment see How to link/unlink a resource and a segment.